Saturday, February 28, 2009

I always ask someone at the gas station to pump my gas; they almost always say yes and it's such a time saver. I asked this guy the other day and he ran my card, but there was something wrong with the transaction and he didn't try again with my card, he just used one of his and bought me my gas. At first I was mad because that's not what I wanted (why do wheelchair people always have to be considered "needy"?)and I insisted that he take my cash, but he wouldn't. I kept insisting and he finally sighed and just told me to "pay it forward." I was satisfied with that (I mean, my whole life consists of charitable causes, right?) so I bought our little MWU organization a book of stamps (which cost almost as much as the gas it took to fill my tank!). And we really needed some stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment